- Visit Trimbakeshwar, Shirdi and Shani Shingnapur, some of the most spiritual destinations in Maharashtra.
- Experience picturesque rural landscapes as you travel through the Maratha heartland.
Tour duration: 4 Nights / 5 Days
Places Covered: Mumbai - Nashik - Shirdi - Mumbai
This evening, arrive at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Mumbai and board your train on a mesmerizing voyage through the enchanting Sahyadri mountain range
Arrive at Nashik and visit the Trimbakeshwar Temple, worshipped as one of the 12 Jyotirlinga shrines of Shiva and as the source of the Godavari river, the most sacred river in South India.
Arrive in Shirdi, the abode of one of India’s most revered saints – Shirdi Sai Baba, who spread the message of universal brotherhood. Visit the vast Samadhi temple complex dedicated to him and pay homage to his life-size statue, partake in the rituals and take with you the scared ash, Vibhuti, the remedy for all ills.
Spend the day visiting the Dwarkamai Mosque and the temples that dot the landscape of Shirdi. Visit the Guru Sthan, where Sai Baba was first spotted and the shrine dedicated to Lord Shani. It is believed that it is a "Jagrut Dev Sthan" which means that the resident deity protects the entire village against all evils.
Reach Mumbai, where your journey comes to an end.
October 2014 To March 2015
|Ocoober - 27
||January - 01
|November - 24
||February - 16
Rates are valid "On Request"
- All Costs are in US Dollars
- The above costs are per cabin per Journey
- Presidential Suite can accommodate up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children
(Applicable for Children below 12 years)
- Government Service tax of 3.09% is additional and will be charged extra on the published tariff
- Prices are subject to change incase of any amendment in the routing or other hikes such as fuel, taxes etc.
- Child rates are applicable from 6 to 12 years.
About: Deccan Odyssey Train
As the wind whispers through the halo of legends crowning the land of the mighty Marathas, a lone majestic whistle blows its salutation of honour as it gracefully traverses this land of fantastic fantasy. Welcome to the mesmerizing Maharashtra experience aboard the luxurious DECCAN ODYSSEY.
The weeklong Deccan Odyssey tour includes several exotic destinations covering the vast expanse of Maharashtra and a pinch of Goa - Mumbai, Ganpatipule, Ratnagiri, Sindhudurg, Goa, Pune, Aurangabad, Ajanta and Ellora.
Experience the finest and the best of train journeys of the world. The Deccan Odyssey is much more than a mere luxury train cruise. It's a 'classical odyssey' of time beyond the realms of the present. Welcome aboard!
The Deccan Odyssey has 21 coaches out of which 11 are passenger cars with 4 coupes each. There are 2 Presidential Suite Cars with 2 coupes each car. The train also has a conference car (can be redesigned as dance floor in the night) and two restaurant cars. There is also a lounge/bar car and one surprising addition is a Spa Car. Apart from the above there are generator cars with luggage store and staff car or spare car.
Conference Room with capacity to host 50 guests with facility for satellite communication, Internet, computer with printer and fax, and telephone exchange
- Channel Music
- Ayurvedic Massage Centre
- Steam Bath
- Beauty Parlour
- Business Centre
- Special Suite for Physically challenged
- Fully loaded mini pantry in each coach
- Telephone in each saloon
- Television in each coach
- Plasma TV in Lounge Car
- PA System/ 6 Channel Music System
- Lounge in each passenger car