- The wondrous and fascinating cave temples of Ajanta & Ellora along the western seaboard of India, both World Heritage sites, showcasing the ancient skill of India’s painters and sculptors,
- Thrilling game drives in the wildlife parks of Tadoba Tiger Reserve and Nagzira wildlife sanctuary where you get an opportunity to spot the Royal Bengal Tiger as well as various other species of birds and mammals.
Tour duration: 7 Nights / 8 Days
Places Covered: Mumbai – Ajanta – Nagzira - Tadoba - Aurangabad - Mumbai
This evening, arrive at Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus and board your train on a mesmerizing voyage through the Maratha heartland.
Arrive at Jalgaon railway station and drive to Ajanta Caves, a World Heritage site. These magnificent caves have exquisite ancient murals & sculptures that depict the life of Buddha.
Arrive Gondia and drive to Nagzira wildlife sanctuary also known as the “Green Oasis”. Enjoy a game safari in the park this afternoon.
Early this morning proceed on another adventure into the Nagzira sanctuary. This afternoon the journey continues to Tadoba.
Arrive at the Tadoba Tiger Reserve and spend an adventurous day with morning and afternoon safaris into the Reserve.
Today visit Ellora Caves, a World Heritage site. A unique artistic creation, with its sanctuaries devoted to Buddhism, Hinduism and Jainism, it illustrates the spirit of tolerance that was characteristic of ancient India. Visit BiBi-Ka-Maqbara, a replica of the Taj Mahal.
This morning visit some of the famous sights of the old city including a Himroo factory.
Arrive at Mumbai, where your journey comes to an end.
October 2014 To March 2015
||March - 21
||April - 21
||May - 9, 16
Rates are valid "On Request"
- All Costs are in US Dollars
- The above costs are per cabin per Journey
- Presidential Suite can accommodate up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children
(Applicable for Children below 12 years)
- Government Service tax of 3.09% is additional and will be charged extra on the published tariff
- Prices are subject to change incase of any amendment in the routing or other hikes such as fuel, taxes etc.
- Child rates are applicable from 6 to 12 years.
About: Deccan Odyssey Train
As the wind whispers through the halo of legends crowning the land of the mighty Marathas, a lone majestic whistle blows its salutation of honour as it gracefully traverses this land of fantastic fantasy. Welcome to the mesmerizing Maharashtra experience aboard the luxurious DECCAN ODYSSEY.
The weeklong Deccan Odyssey tour includes several exotic destinations covering the vast expanse of Maharashtra and a pinch of Goa - Mumbai, Ganpatipule, Ratnagiri, Sindhudurg, Goa, Pune, Aurangabad, Ajanta and Ellora.
Experience the finest and the best of train journeys of the world. The Deccan Odyssey is much more than a mere luxury train cruise. It's a 'classical odyssey' of time beyond the realms of the present. Welcome aboard!
The Deccan Odyssey has 21 coaches out of which 11 are passenger cars with 4 coupes each. There are 2 Presidential Suite Cars with 2 coupes each car. The train also has a conference car (can be redesigned as dance floor in the night) and two restaurant cars. There is also a lounge/bar car and one surprising addition is a Spa Car. Apart from the above there are generator cars with luggage store and staff car or spare car.
Conference Room with capacity to host 50 guests with facility for satellite communication, Internet, computer with printer and fax, and telephone exchange
- Channel Music
- Ayurvedic Massage Centre
- Steam Bath
- Beauty Parlour
- Business Centre
- Special Suite for Physically challenged
- Fully loaded mini pantry in each coach
- Telephone in each saloon
- Television in each coach
- Plasma TV in Lounge Car
- PA System/ 6 Channel Music System
- Lounge in each passenger car