- Visit the iconic symbols and UNESCO World heritage Sites in Badami, Aihole, Pattadakal and Hampi
- Experience the culinary delights of the Nizams of Hyderabad
- Stroll through the colorful and bustling bazaars of Hyderabad and pick up some souvenirs
Tour Duration: 7 Nights / 8 Days
Places Covered: Mumbai - Badami - Aihole - Pattadakal - Hampi - Bijapur - Hyderabad - Mumbai
Board the train at the Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus and begin your enchanting journey to Badami.
Arrive at Badami and spend an exciting day exploring temples and ancient settlements in Aihole and Pattadakal.
This morning visit the rock cut caves and sculptured temples in Badami. Later the train departs for Hospet.
Today the train reaches Hospet. Visit the iconic City of Victory, Hampi. Explore the sacred and royal centre’s, palaces and impressive temples.
Arrive at the historic capital of the Sultans of the Deccan, Bijapur. Explore the citadel, visiting its beautiful buildings and tombs.
This morning, you disembark in the Royal city of the Nizams, Hyderabad. Enjoy an excursion to Pochampally, visiting the weaver’s colony and witness the dying of yarn and the intricate art of ikat tie and dye weaving. In the evening, visit the famous Charminar, walking through bustling and colorful streets.
This morning explore the magnificent ruins of the Golconda Fort. In the afternoon the train continues her journey to Mumbai.
Arrive at Mumbai, where your journey comes to an end.
October 2014 To March 2015
Rates are valid "On Request"
- All Costs are in US Dollars
- The above costs are per cabin per Journey
- Presidential Suite can accommodate up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children
(Applicable for Children below 12 years)
- Government Service tax of 3.09% is additional and will be charged extra on the published tariff
- Prices are subject to change incase of any amendment in the routing or other hikes such as fuel, taxes etc.
- Child rates are applicable from 6 to 12 years.
About: Deccan Odyssey Train
As the wind whispers through the halo of legends crowning the land of the mighty Marathas, a lone majestic whistle blows its salutation of honour as it gracefully traverses this land of fantastic fantasy. Welcome to the mesmerizing Maharashtra experience aboard the luxurious DECCAN ODYSSEY.
The weeklong Deccan Odyssey tour includes several exotic destinations covering the vast expanse of Maharashtra and a pinch of Goa - Mumbai, Ganpatipule, Ratnagiri, Sindhudurg, Goa, Pune, Aurangabad, Ajanta and Ellora.
Experience the finest and the best of train journeys of the world. The Deccan Odyssey is much more than a mere luxury train cruise. It's a 'classical odyssey' of time beyond the realms of the present. Welcome aboard!
The Deccan Odyssey has 21 coaches out of which 11 are passenger cars with 4 coupes each. There are 2 Presidential Suite Cars with 2 coupes each car. The train also has a conference car (can be redesigned as dance floor in the night) and two restaurant cars. There is also a lounge/bar car and one surprising addition is a Spa Car. Apart from the above there are generator cars with luggage store and staff car or spare car.
Conference Room with capacity to host 50 guests with facility for satellite communication, Internet, computer with printer and fax, and telephone exchange
- Channel Music
- Ayurvedic Massage Centre
- Steam Bath
- Beauty Parlour
- Business Centre
- Special Suite for Physically challenged
- Fully loaded mini pantry in each coach
- Telephone in each saloon
- Television in each coach
- Plasma TV in Lounge Car
- PA System/ 6 Channel Music System
- Lounge in each passenger car