- Enjoy the architectural marvels and World Heritage Sites in Agra and Jaipur
- Admire Buddhist Relics at World Heritage Sites in Sanchi and Aurangabad
- Get an adrenaline rush searching for the elusive Tiger at Ranthambore
- Shop for great bargains at the colourful and bustling bazaars of the royal city of Jaipur
Tour duration:7 Nights / 8 Days
Places Covered: New Delhi - Sawai Madhopur - Jaipur - Agra - Sanchi - Aurangabad - Mumbai
Board the train at the Delhi Cantt station and begin your enchanting journey, heading to the home of Tigers – Ranthambore.
Arrive at Ranthambore and spend a day in the Ranthambore Tiger Reserve, once the private hunting ground of the Maharajas of Jaipur. Enjoy adventurous morning and afternoon safaris at the Reserve, looking for the elusive big cats.
Arrive at the historic capital of Rajasthan, Jaipur, often called the Pink City. Explore the forts and palaces with a walk through the colorful bazaars of this beautiful city. Enjoy a special dinner in the evening.
Today the train arrives at the Mughal citadel of Agra. Visit the iconic Taj Mahal, and other architectural gems of the Mughal Empire; the Itmad-ud-Daullah and the impressive Agra Fort.
This morning arrive at the Buddhist city of Sanchi. Explore this UNESCO World Heritage site, admiring the well preserved and near to perfect stupas built over a period of thirteen hundred years from the 3rd century BC to the 12th century AD.
Arrive in the western state of Maharashtra. Unravel the fascinating treasures of the Ajanta Caves, admiring the religious traditions and heritage represented through frescoes and murals on the walls of the caves.
Today you arrive at Daulatabad. Visit the architectural splendour, Ellora Caves. The most outstanding monument is the Kailasha Temple carved out of a giant monolith considered to be one of the finest examples of rock cut architecture.
Arrive at Mumbai, where your journey comes to an end.
October 2014 To March 2015
Rates are valid "On Request"
- All Costs are in US Dollars
- The above costs are per cabin per Journey
- Presidential Suite can accommodate up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children
(Applicable for Children below 12 years)
- Government Service tax of 3.09% is additional and will be charged extra on the published tariff
- Prices are subject to change incase of any amendment in the routing or other hikes such as fuel, taxes etc.
- Child rates are applicable from 6 to 12 years.
About: Deccan Odyssey Train
As the wind whispers through the halo of legends crowning the land of the mighty Marathas, a lone majestic whistle blows its salutation of honour as it gracefully traverses this land of fantastic fantasy. Welcome to the mesmerizing Maharashtra experience aboard the luxurious DECCAN ODYSSEY.
The weeklong Deccan Odyssey tour includes several exotic destinations covering the vast expanse of Maharashtra and a pinch of Goa - Mumbai, Ganpatipule, Ratnagiri, Sindhudurg, Goa, Pune, Aurangabad, Ajanta and Ellora.
Experience the finest and the best of train journeys of the world. The Deccan Odyssey is much more than a mere luxury train cruise. It's a 'classical odyssey' of time beyond the realms of the present. Welcome aboard!
The Deccan Odyssey has 21 coaches out of which 11 are passenger cars with 4 coupes each. There are 2 Presidential Suite Cars with 2 coupes each car. The train also has a conference car (can be redesigned as dance floor in the night) and two restaurant cars. There is also a lounge/bar car and one surprising addition is a Spa Car. Apart from the above there are generator cars with luggage store and staff car or spare car.
Conference Room with capacity to host 50 guests with facility for satellite communication, Internet, computer with printer and fax, and telephone exchange
- Channel Music
- Ayurvedic Massage Centre
- Steam Bath
- Beauty Parlour
- Business Centre
- Special Suite for Physically challenged
- Fully loaded mini pantry in each coach
- Telephone in each saloon
- Television in each coach
- Plasma TV in Lounge Car
- PA System/ 6 Channel Music System
- Lounge in each passenger car