- Visit India’s architectural wonders and World Heritage Sites in Agra, Vadodara, Jaipur and Ranthambore
- Relish secret recipes from the royal kitchens of Vadodara and Rajasthan
- Experience the thrill of a safari in search of the elusive Tiger at Ranthambore
- Indulge in retail therapy visiting the colourful and bustling bazaars of the royal cities of Rajasthan
Tour duration:7 Nights / 8 Days
Places Covered:New Delhi - Sawai Madhopur - Agra - Jaipur - Jodhpur - Udaipur - Vadodara - Mumbai
Board the train at the Delhi Cantt station and begin your enchanting journey, heading to the home of Tigers – Ranthambore.
Arrive at Ranthambore and spend a day in the Ranthambore Tiger Reserve, once the private hunting ground of the Maharajas of Jaipur. Enjoy adventurous morning and afternoon safaris at the Reserve.
Today the train arrives at the Mughal citadel of Agra. Visit the iconic Taj Mahal, and other architectural gems of the Mughal Empire; the Itmad-ud-Daullah and the impressive Agra Fort.
Arrive at the historic capital of Rajasthan, Jaipur, often called the Pink City. Explore the forts and palaces with a walk through the colorful bazaars of this beautiful city. Enjoy a special dinner in the evening.
This morning reach Jodhpur, the Blue City. Enjoy a walking tour of the Old Market and the magnificent Meherangarh Fort, famous for its several palaces with fabulous views of the city.
Arrive at the princely city of Udaipur. Visit the famous City Palace which houses the spectacular Crystal Gallery followed by an enthralling walk through the quaint streets of the Old City. Complete the tour with a boat cruise on the tranquil waters of Lake Pichola.
Today you arrive at the Royal city of the Gaekwads, Vadodara. Visit the famous Champaner-Pavagadh Archaeological Park, a World Heritage site, the magnificent Jami Masjid and the Maharaja Fateh Singh Museum. Witness a scintillating folk dance performance, as you savour a wide array of delicacies from the Royal kitchens at the Laxmi Vilas Palace.
Arrive at Mumbai, where your journey comes to an end.
October 2014 To March 2015
|October - 18
||January - 10
|November - 15
||February - 07
|Decmber - 13
||March - 07
||April - 19
Rates are valid "On Request"
- All Costs are in US Dollars
- The above costs are per cabin per Journey
- Presidential Suite can accommodate up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children
(Applicable for Children below 12 years)
- Government Service tax of 3.09% is additional and will be charged extra on the published tariff
- Prices are subject to change incase of any amendment in the routing or other hikes such as fuel, taxes etc.
- Child rates are applicable from 6 to 12 years.
About: Deccan Odyssey Train
As the wind whispers through the halo of legends crowning the land of the mighty Marathas, a lone majestic whistle blows its salutation of honour as it gracefully traverses this land of fantastic fantasy. Welcome to the mesmerizing Maharashtra experience aboard the luxurious DECCAN ODYSSEY.
The weeklong Deccan Odyssey tour includes several exotic destinations covering the vast expanse of Maharashtra and a pinch of Goa - Mumbai, Ganpatipule, Ratnagiri, Sindhudurg, Goa, Pune, Aurangabad, Ajanta and Ellora.
Experience the finest and the best of train journeys of the world. The Deccan Odyssey is much more than a mere luxury train cruise. It's a 'classical odyssey' of time beyond the realms of the present. Welcome aboard!
The Deccan Odyssey has 21 coaches out of which 11 are passenger cars with 4 coupes each. There are 2 Presidential Suite Cars with 2 coupes each car. The train also has a conference car (can be redesigned as dance floor in the night) and two restaurant cars. There is also a lounge/bar car and one surprising addition is a Spa Car. Apart from the above there are generator cars with luggage store and staff car or spare car.
Conference Room with capacity to host 50 guests with facility for satellite communication, Internet, computer with printer and fax, and telephone exchange
- Channel Music
- Ayurvedic Massage Centre
- Steam Bath
- Beauty Parlour
- Business Centre
- Special Suite for Physically challenged
- Fully loaded mini pantry in each coach
- Telephone in each saloon
- Television in each coach
- Plasma TV in Lounge Car
- PA System/ 6 Channel Music System
- Lounge in each passenger car