Destinations:Sravanbelgola, Hassan City, Hoysala Village, Halebidu, Belur
Tour Duration: 16 Hours
06.30 AM : Leave Bangalore
Early morning get ready to start the drive to Hassan which lies about 190 kms west of Bangalore city. Meet with our representative at 06.30 at your place and start to Hassan.
09.30 AM : Atop at Shravanabelagola
Situated about 145 kms west of Bangalore, on the way to Hassan, Shravanabelgola is a very famous Jain pilgrimage site in South India. Situated between two hills namely Vindyagiri and ChandragiriShravanbelagola is about 17.4 feet high monolithic structure of lord Gomateshwara.
Remarks : To visit the temple of Lord Gomateshwara one has to climb 300 steps which may be difficult for elderly people and heart patients. If you do not wish to climb 300 steps to reach the temple complex, then you may have ‘darshan’ from the bottom of the hill.
The visit to the complex may last for about 2 hours or more.
11.30 AM : Drive to Hassan
After visiting the Shravanbelagola complex continue drive to Hassan
01.00 PM : Lunch at Hassan
As we reach Hassan we directly go to Hoysala Village restaurant to enjoy mouth watering dishes on our lunch today.
02.00 PM : Visit Halebidu and Belur
The small towns of Halebidu and Belur are often referred as one of the wonders of the world by the travellers for their amazing architecture in temples. Dating back to 12th century CE, the Hoysaleswara Temple is famous for its minute carvings in black stone. Dedicated to Lord Shiva the temples have beautiful carvings of Elephants at the bottom of the walls, Lions in the second layer, in the third row you can see various scene related to famous Hindu literatures of Mahabharata and Ramayana and the fourth row of the wall is decorated with floral designs. The statues of famous Hindu Gods and Goddess including Shiva, Parvati, Vishnu, Krishna, Varaha, Narsimhaetc can be seen on the upper side of the walls. The temples of Halebidu and Belur are the most magnificent specimen of great architecture of South Indian temples. These time tested monuments have endless mythological tales to narrate.
06.00 PM : Drive back to Bangalore
After finishing our visit to Halebidu and Belur temples we continue our drive back to Bangalore.
10.00 PM : Reach Bangalore
After a comfortable 04 hours drive you will reach your home in Bangalore where our driver will say bye with a smile.
Please Note: You can choose to stay in Hassan for overnight at additional cost.
- Pick-up and drop-off from/to your hotel in Bangalore
- Excellent private air conditioned vehicle with chauffeur
- All state permits, toll taxes, diesel, driver allowance, etc. for the vehicle
- Excellent English speaking tour guide in Agra for briefing at the monuments
- Lunch in Hoysala Village Hassan
- 2 bottles of mineral water per head for the trip
- All presently applicable taxes and service charges
- Air Fare / Train Fare, Permit fees, Entry fess, Camera fees, Portarage, Insurance, Tips & Gratuity.
- Any personal expenses, Mineral/soft/hard drinks, Extra usage of vehicle, Guide, and anything which is not include in the inclusion.
View Tour Packages Leave A Request